1. Were you named after anyone? No. My name was a compromise - my mother wanted to call me "Lara", my father, "Nina".
2. When was the last time you cried? Sometime at work in the last few (absurdly stressful) months.
3. Do you like your handwriting? I enjoy the physical act of handwriting, yes; I'm not sure it has much aesthetic merit.
4. What is your favourite lunch meat? I'm vegetarian. Hungarian salami, if I weren't.
5. Do you have kids? Only of the furry, four-legged kind.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I expect we'd have had a bitter argument, and no longer be on speaking terms.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, never. (What?)
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
9. Would you bungee jump? No. I would fear losing my glasses.
10. What is your favourite cereal? I can never remain a fan of any particular breakfast cereal long enough to finish the carton.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Usually, but not always.
12. Do you think you are strong? Not particularly.
13. What is your favourite ice cream? Cookies and cream, currently.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? The way they stand or walk - movement rather than appearance.
15. Red or pink? Red.
16. What is your least favourite thing about yourself? My lack of control over my bad temper and sharp tongue.
17. Who do you miss the most? No one in particular.
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? I'm not sure this question applies, since this is an LJ meme not a group email.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Dark grey shorts, no shoes.
20. What was the last thing you ate? "Abomination roast" - some vegetarian thing from Sanitarium that we first bought as a joke, then decided it tasted pretty good.
21. What are you listening to right now? The whir of the laptop fan, and the sound of Caleb licking his paws.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle.
23. Favourite smells? Sleeping beagle. Hot chocolate.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My mother.
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I do; I wish I knew him better.
26. Favourite sports to watch? Women's basketball, and those sports you become instant experts at every few years when the Olympics coverage comes on the TV.
27. Hair color? Brown.
28. Eye color? Brown.
29. Do you wear contacts? Glasses. Used to wear contacts.
30. Favourite food? Spinach.
31. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies with happy endings.
32. Last movie you watched? I'm drawing a blank; whatever it was, it can't have been very good.
33. What color shirt are you wearing? Dark green.
34. Summer or winter? Winter.
35. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.
36. Favourite dessert? Chocolate mousse.
37. Most likely to respond? riayn.
38. Least likely to respond? nancyamazon.
39. What book are you reading now? I just finished reading "Mary Poppins"; I'd never read it before.
40. What's on your mouse pad? I don't have one.
41. What did you watch on TV last night? Nothing; we were at a friend's place for dinner.
42. Favourite sound? The quiet after it's been raining.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? The Beatles.
44. What's the farthest you've been from home? Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
45. Do you have a special talent? I can pick out a spelling mistake from a page of text at a glance.
46. Where were you born? Campsie, Sydney, Australia.
47. Whose answers do you look forward to getting back? mrs_heronymus and fabricari
(Note: haf, I wasn't going to do this one, but I hated to disappoint...)